Sunday 24 September 2017

I DID IT

Hey guys,

You may or may not know this about me but I am absolutely petrified of the dentist. Always have been, well since I was little and they took a tooth out without my mouth being completely numb. 

After many checkups going smoothly it was about time a had a cavity. As soon as he said, I started hysterically crying. 

As the appointment got closer I figured it's about time I get my shit together. I'm 18, 19 in a few months (OH GOD). It's about time I try and get over this fear of mine. 

Now, I have recently been looking to buy some new lipsticks and my mum said that if I were to have the appointment with no fuss and no tears she would buy me one. Challenge accepted. 

The dentist suggested that I have my earphones in, listening to my music while he was working on my tooth. And I must say I think it helped quite a sufficient amount. Whenever I felt a bit of pain I would tap to the music more, and really focus on it. 

I came out feeling so proud. I didn't have one tear, no nothing. The receptionist knows that I am scared and even said she was chuffed for me. My mum was also proud. She knows how bad I am so all in all, I still need to chose a lipstick! Haha. 

I wouldn't say that I'm no longer scared of the dentist but I definitely made progress. It means a lot when you know you've made others proud.

This is only a short post but I had to share my little achievement of the week with you all.
I hope you are all doing well, conquering the world.

Adios amigos!xo

No comments:

Post a Comment