Sunday 21 October 2018

First month wages.

Hey guys,

Firstly if you would like to read last weeks post, click HERE and it shall take you directly.

This month was the first time I had a proper wage. It felt nice to see my ‘savings’ increase. I use quotation marks because I didn’t really have that much left. I decided that because I’d be paid soon I might as well spend that.

I expected to be a little more excited than I was but it was still a nice feeling.
I’m probably more excited this time around. I’ve pretty much spent ALL OF LAST MONTHS WAGES. No idea where it’s all gone.

I know I have bought a few pairs of concert tickets, lots of petrol, maybe some clothes but that’s about it really. No idea where the rest has gone. I’m sure when I get my bank statement I will have a shock. It’s quite surprising how quickly it goes. Normally I am very responsible with my money. I have to be to pay for all things ‘car’, like tax and insurance. But I thought why not be reckless for once. Obviously this month I am back to saving but it was nice to be different for a change.

This months wage is going to be even more because - no joke, I have worked most days. I’ve even done 8 days in a row.. I don’t mind all the hours so much because I actually have fun on my shifts (even though I would like to have a break) The people I work with are funny as hell so we always have a laugh. It’s been nice getting to know a whole new group of people because I haven’t had that in a while. I even have the uniform now so I feel like part of the group and it’s so nice. Cringe but nice.

One of my sisters colleagues have even told her that I am very polite and friendly when she’s been in the shop. It’s really nice to know that you’re doing a good job and leaving a good impression. I’m really happy at this job and when I get used to everything on the post office side of it, I will be well away.

Update: I am no longer only on a temporary contract, but a permanent one!!!:)

I’m very content at the moment. I just hope it stays that way.

Adios amigos!xo

No comments:

Post a Comment