Monday 12 March 2018

Psoriasis - an update.

Hey guys,

Firstly, I want to say happy mother's day to mama Jane. She's the most incredible woman I know. Obviously most people think this of their own mum (or dads who also step up to be mums) but I truly think I'm the luckiest. I tell her I love her every time I leave the room, and several times before hanging up the phone. Not because it's a habit or because I think it's what I should say, but because I mean it. If something were to suddenly happen to me, I'd want her to know how much she means to me and how much I value her. I could honestly go on and on, but I'd rather tell her in person so I shall cut it short.

Anyway, my last Psoriasis update was back in September, so I figured this would be a good time to give a little update.
You can read said post HERE.

Nothing has really changed, thank god. Just minor things.

In my previous post I mentioned that the parts in my ears don't bother me as much, however it does quite a bit now. I created a mindset where basically I think others would rather see a raw patch of skin bleeding, than dry extra skin. This is most likely not even correct but at the minute that's how I'm thinking. So every morning (or most) I pick out the parts in my ear so no one sees the dry skin. It normally 'heals' by the next morning if not the following morning. But during the day it is so unbelievably sore. I don't know why I do it to myself, but I do.

Don't get me wrong, all of it is sore once I pick it, obviously, because it's just raw skin. But this does irritate me a lot.

Recently though, I have noticed that when I am anxious or upset I will turn my arms raw. It has reached the point where I had to apply a plaster (literally) the other day because it wouldn't stop bleeding. Then at work everyone was asking what I had done. It's nice to know people care, but at the same time its such an awkward thing to explain ALL the time.

So now I have asked my mum to help me keep applying this cream we bought for my arms religiously and to then bandage them up. This helps keep the cream work for longer I guess but also stops me from picking at it. I have only done this today and it has made a remarkable difference so I can't wait to see the results in a few days time.

I'm only doing this at home though because I don't want people to think I'm exaggerating or begging for people to ask about it, because believe me, I'd just rather ignore it like everyone else. But unfortunately, I can't if I want it clearing up - even just a little.


I'm going to finally include a photo with this post. I wish I had one from before when it looked normal. Like I said, it already looks heaps better but  hey, maybe it'll look even better than this in a few weeks. Here's to hoping!

 

I added the second one to just feel confident and empowered. Because, well...why shouldn't I? Double chins but I like these anyway:).


Adios amigos!xo

No comments:

Post a Comment