Sunday 2 August 2015

I SWAM!

Hey guys,

So yes, I went swimming FINALLY! I got up at 7 and got ready to go. Despite it being really early and I felt like death..it felt like old times when me and my dad used to do the same when I was small. 

He used to wake me up on a Sunday, at 7, and be at the swimming baths for when they opened. I remember loving the smell of chlorine (I still do) because I knew that i was going swimming with my dad. 
I have so many memories but obviously they would be really boring for you.. So anyway. After an hour or so drifting around the pool, it starts getting busy because then everyone else begins to wake up and bring their kids. That's when we would head up to the cafe. I hate being where a lot of people are, in those kind of situations. You know, when you feel like every single pair of eyes is staring at you and judging your every move... 

But in the cafe, (call me fat..) I used to get a small chocolate muffin and a slush. Which yes, is a weird combination but I loved it. You could hear all the families having fun and it's such a wonderful thing. The cafe didn't used to get busy until after we had left - I imagine it getting busy for lunch. Sure you had the odd few  that joined us but nothing to drastic. 
While my dad finished his cup of tea I always asked for 20p's for the machines that give you little toys or sweets in little balls. You know the ones in talking about. I must have used like £2 once because I just kept asking for 20p's. I loved them. 

Today was pretty much the same, we got up at 7, picked up Lia, (she came for moral support, Thankyou) then headed to swim. When I was young I didn't used to do much swimming but today I surprised myself and actually swam. (Because o haven't swam in YEARS, I still need to get the hang of it back). After we swam we went to the cafe and had my usual... Of course, I had to have what I used to have. Then I got out a pound from my purse, yes.. A POUND now(!) and got a little minion keyring. THIS MORNING WAS AMAZING.

However I'm not too sure whether swimming is my thing but, I think I just need to get confident at it again. So maybe..maybe not. Even if it's not, I got to relive some of the best memories of my life and I don't think I'll ever forget my our bonding time. 

Unfortunately I didn't take any photos to add to my blog post but hopefully next weeks post will have some. Fingers crossed. 

That's it! Love you all.

Adios amigos!xo

No comments:

Post a Comment