Sunday 19 June 2016

Tips on how to relax.

Hey guys,

So I was planning on doing a favourites post however I shall wait until the start of July and do a June favourites post. Mainly because I have just (literally just) ordered some makeup from boots and that will most likely be included. I also have a film that I need to watch so that will probably included.

Also, I must mention that despite saying last week that I would pre-write posts... I haven't with this one. I don't even have an excuse because it's not like I have been super busy. Although, this is being written at 12:15pm so I might actually get some sleep tonight.

When you're reading this it will be Father's Day - in the UK anyway. So happy father's day!
(actually just had a nap so it is actually as late as it normally is.. oops.)

Anyway, I guess I ought to start the actual post. I will give some tips on how I personally relax as I know this time of year can be stressful. Whether you are currently or have done exams, or deciding what to do in the next stage. Or you know, you might just be stressed for no reason.

Some tips on how to help you relax -

1. Stop what you are doing and do something you love.
For example if you are getting stressed with homework or a parent. Just have a break. Its okay to have breaks. Obviously if this is for homework, just have a little break (half an hour maybe) and then return back to it in a better mood and you will get it done quicker. However if this applies to a person, friend or family member. Just simply tell them that you need a break because you are stressed and that you will return when you feel better. This could take a while so don't feel bad. I normally feel guilty for just being stressed at my mum but it is important that you don't stress too much, you have to think of yourself too after all. For me I love doing my makeup so this is something that I would do. Maybe if I'm really stressed I will do something else because I wouldn't want to get more stressed from eyeliner:). I also like shopping so this would be a good one as you get to go out, away from people (if alone obviously) and have some time to yourself. Also if its something you like to do it helps anyway. Just find what you enjoy and do exactly that - other than bad things like drugs and stuff duhh.

2. Have a relaxing bath.
I know this works for many women and men. Have a bath bomb, music/film and candles and you're good to go. However if you are like me, and have only a shower then here's an alternative. Have a nice long warm/hot shower - don't burn yourself haha! This is still calming, the only difference is you're stood up. To pamper yourself, get some fancy as hell creams, scrubs etc and use them. Don't forget you can still listen to music and have a sing song! But I do recommend that you don't watch a film because you may not be able to hear it as well. When you get out, moisturise, have a face mask, paint your nails and some nice new clean PJ's and you're good to go.

3. Sleep.
This is kind of a joke but kind of isn't... I mean I love naps. If I don't answer a phone call or text (if I get any haha) I will 98.99% be asleep. Although it's a hit or miss whether you will wake up in a better mood or a bad one. Personally I found that if I nap and wake up on my own and stay on my own for ten minutes after I wake up, I stay in a nice fresh good mood. And if someone wakes me up and constantly nags I will immediately go in another bad mood. Which is bound to happen lets be honest. So maybe or maybe not do this.

4. Read.
Or listen to music which ever suits you best. You could do both, I know some people like o listen to soft music while reading and I quite like to myself. But if you just fancy a sing-song or a little dance then I wouldn't have so soft of music playing. I do recommend reading the girl on the train. I finished this a while ago and it's so good! Even now I get excited and want to tell everyone how its ends. A very good purchase.


5. Have a full on movie session/day.
This is simple really, get some tasty snacks (lots of) and snuggle up in a blanket, either on your sofa or in bed, and watch a film. This could be an all-time favourite or a new one that you want to try. Either works as you can imagine. You could also have a face mask on or paint your nails, however you would have to pause the film to take off your face mask. But I do highly recommend this one. If you can afford it (because its hella expensive) you could go to the cinema - on your own or with a friend. I know that a few great films are being released soon. I really recommend 'Me Before You'.

6. Engage in small acts of kindness.
This could be just giving someone a hug to buying someone's lunch. You could buy someone some flowers or help someone carry something that they are struggling with. Anything will work, I guarantee. You will also help the world be a better place.

That's about all the tips I have from personal experience, and I hope they help you in some way shape or form.
Also if you have any suggestions for future posts let me know, so I can do them for you guys.



Have an amazing week doing whatever it is.
Adios amigos!xo


No comments:

Post a Comment