Sunday 26 June 2016

Boots haul & first impressions/review.

Hey guys,

If you remember from my last post, I mentioned how I had ordered some goodies from boots. Well they came a few days after and figured I would review the products for you. I have only really tested some out however, with the others I will give my first impressions. So let's get started. 

The items that I purchased are:
NYX wicked lippies in stone cold and betrayal.
NYX lingerie liquid lipstick in beauty mark.
NYX white liquid liner.
Barry M illuminating strobing cream in iced bronze and frosty pink.
I also got a free sample from revlon, their Foundation in the shade sand beige. 

NYX Wicked Lippies -


I haven't had a purpose to wear these but I just fancied a couple of lipsticks that were out of my comfort zone. To be completely honest, I have wanted to try these for a couple of weeks now but never had the guts. But to decide on the colours I applied some normal lipstick (any colour) and then patted on some eyeshadow that were similar to the colours that I wanted to try. By doing this you can see if these 'unusual' colours will suit you. I figured purple was a good option and the black because well... That's an easier colour from the range. These lipsticks are nice and soft however quite sheer but very pigmented at the same time. With one swipe you can see the colour quite boldly but you have to apply another layer so that it is opaque. This applies more to the black shade than the purple as you can imagine. But they do glide on the lips nicely so you can't complain. The formula is in no way drying although I did only swatch them and take them off to try the others. My favourite thing about the whole collection is that they are metallic. I think this makes the colours even more interesting and different. But I guess you have to be willing to wear these out in public. I still have the challenge of this t hopefully will have done it by the time this post uploads. I must say the downside to these lipsticks is the fact that they transfer REALLY easily. I will leave a picture to show. I think if you're just using these for Halloween and not everyday wear, it doesn't matter much, as you wont be eating as much at night rather than throughout the day time. I also do prefer the purple (despite it being slightly less softer than the black) because when you rub your lips together it doesn't leave a mark where as I find the black does slightly.
Overall, I do like these however I would prefer it if they had a lot more staying power. But for £5.50, you can't really complain.










NYX lingerie liquid lipstick in beauty mark -

I had been on the hunt for a nude lipstick which is able to go with many, many outfits. Yet I still wanted something quite dark, just because I think they suit me more, like dark reds/purples. So I watched many YouTube reviews and swatches just to decide on the shade that I wanted. Even though it is only £6.50, if I had two, it would bring up the cost of the whole order and I didn't want to spend too much. Anyway, this is a liquid lipstick and I love it. The colour is gorgeous and personally I adore it. I know a few people who have seen it don't really like it that much but hey, its not for them:). I have a love-hate relationship with the applicator as it is nice and long so you have that control however the shape is slightly thinner than normal. I do still like it though. The only advice I have is, don't apply too much! You only need one layer otherwise it feels like you have melted chocolate all over your lips - Not good. I think if the formula was the same as the bourjoir lipsticks, it would be perfect. Again, for £6.50 you cant really complain. I do want to try a slightly lighter shade of brown which will probably be from the same collection, and maybe the formula is different so I will keep you updated.



NYX White Liquid Liner.

I was looking at the NYX vivid brights eyeliners and I was going to get the purple one however I thought if I got the normal white version, I could practise with adding the extra colour. And I am very happy I did. I love the results. How there is a contrast between white and black yet it doesn't look too much. The only issue I have with this product is that it cracks. Which is kind of bad... Although for this post I tested it out fully with a wing and I think it looks okay, but because it cracks I don't think I will buy it again. There are definitely other eye liners which don't crack, however if you know of any good liquid white eyeliners, please let me know. So overall, I think much of the product but it does its job. Maybe I just got a funny one but I'm not that impressed. I am going to try and add a drop of water to it and see if that makes a difference but I doubt it.
I used this to create three different looks - shown below.




Barry M illuminating strobing cream in iced bronze and frosty pink -

I saw this I think on Velvet Ghost's video although I cant seem to find the video. But I was wanting a wider range of makeup in my collection as I only really had the necessities, so I was willing to give this a go for myself. I had it ready in my basket for the few weeks where I was debating on the colours of lipsticks, and then when I had finally chosen...it was out of stock. EVERYWHERE. Amazon, Superdrug, Boots, Asos etc. I checked every single website. Then when in town with a friend I saw it in store so when I got home I immidiatly added it straight to my basket.

I love this! Sure, it's not as pigmented as a high end but its good for its money. It is subtle but I think it is also buildable. I really, really like it. I do recommend for any new commers to makeup. I bought both shades but I have no idea which is my favourite. I think the iced bronze is definitely more pigmented but the frosty pink is more natural. So I guess it depends on the look you want to achieve.




Revlon Colour Stay foundation -

As for this lovely free gift, I also quite like this. I wore it for a whole day and by the end of it, I noticed that all the foundation was still there, when as most (for me) come off during the day because I have more of an oily skin type. They gave me the shade sand beige and it was quite a good match, which is lucky I guess! I think I will buy a full version of this and try it several times because I think it is good and I think the foundation and I will get on nicely:).
Obviously I only had enough to wear this for one day but from that day I was impressed. Although when I run out of my current foundation I will purchase this and let you guys know whether it is worth a buy.

That's it for this post. I hope you enjoyed it and found it in someway useful.
Adios amigos!xo

No comments:

Post a Comment