Monday 4 July 2016

The Midnight Sparkle Walk & June Favourites.

Hey guys,

So I planned to write a favourites post as I haven't done one since March, but last night I participated in the Ashgate Hospice Midnight Sparkle Walk. I have been trying to decide on what to focus on, I even asked on twitter but it was 50/50.I literally got two votes, so it didn't help. Anyhow I thought I would mention, quite briefly, and include photos to then go onto the favourites. So enjoy:).

So basically the Sparkle Walk is to raise money and awareness for Ashgate Hospice. Which if you don't know is an 'independent registered charity that provides care to patients across North Derbyshire at the hospice, in the community and at Chesterfield Royal Hospital'. It basically makes people who are devastatingly, in the later stages of cancer, be comfortable for as long as they can be. Whether it be in the hospice or at home. Which, obviously is a nice thing to be available.

I did this so that I could be one of the many making a difference. I haven't really done any voluntary or charity work, even though I would love to. So by doing this 10k walk and getting sponsorships, I was able to contribute to the final total. Which is good enough for me. I am super proud of myself and everyone who also took part. Obviously I am no where near fit enough for this sort of distance - and I must say, I complained a lot when we got to the last push - but still, I did it! I think being with friends helps a lot because you just talk as you walk, so it's not as bad.

I think I will just include the photo's now and get onto the favourites, otherwise this will be way too long.










UV tunnel was pretty awesome...


 Finish!!


The first thing I want to mention as a favourite is a beverage. Yes a beverage.
I don't actually think many people know that I love drinks like cloudy lemonade, bitter lemon or any 'fizzy lemon' drinks. But I do, absolutely love them. I don't have them often, I mainly just reach for Pepsi or Coke. But when shopping with my mum I saw 'St. Helier, sparkling lemon beverage'. And oh my good god, it is just beautiful. I do think that it is slightly more lemony than other drinks and is probably why I love it so much.

The next favourite is a show. In my March favourites I mentioned The Big Bang Theory, this is still a favourite and I watch it most (if not every) night. However i also really love Dhama & Gregg. This is hilarious. I know this is more of an older show but it is good. I don't even want to ruin it, just go watch it.

Recently I bought 'Spy'. Which, in my opinion is amazing. My mum didn't really rate the film that much but I bloody adore it! Melissa Mccarthy and Miranda Hart are two of my favourite actresses, so I had very high expectations. Even though I teared up at a certain part, it is still hilarious. It is definitely a fab comedy, it had me laughing out loud several times.

My favourite songs have been:
Ariana Grande - Greedy
Margaret - Cool Me Down
Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover)
Ariana Grande - Into You
The 1975 - A Change Of Heart
Meghan Trainer's Album - Thank you

There are many others, but these are the ones that i have listened to the most recently. I just love them. I like to take my time doing my makeup and normally have Spotify on, so these are the songs that I go for first. I love how they are easy to sing along to, good 'getting ready' songs.

My favourite YouTubers at the minute are Velvet Ghost, Becca Rose and KathleenLights. I have only recently become obsessed with Kathleen Lights, but I love her. Well I adore all of them but you get it. definitely go check them out!


Finally, for makeup, my ultimate favourite item has to be the Makeup Revolutions 'Flawless' Palette. I love this. Every single time I apply makeup, it will be with this palette, either this or another one of their palettes. But each shadow is so, so beautiful. I think there is a fair few looks you could do with this palette and all would look stunning. I also really love the Barry M illuminating strobing cream in Iced Bronze. This is also gorgeous. It is still quite subtle yet you can see it. Which is why I adore it, because I don't want to look too shiny! I do recommend these products as they are really affordable yet great quality. Although I could do with some new brushes (mainly eye sets) so if any of you guys know of any good ones, please let me know. I also really love coloured eyeliner, for the waterline. I only have white, silver and blue. The blue is my favourite, just because it adds that pop. You should all try it!




I think I will leave it there because otherwise it is going to be extremely long, and we all know that's not me haha! I hope you all have an amazing week.

Adios amigos!xo

No comments:

Post a Comment