Thursday 11 August 2016

Harley Quinn Makeup Inspiration: Beauties On Fire!

Hey guys,

So I hope you are all doing well, and enjoyed my last post where I spoke about my July favourites (You can read it here). This weeks theme was voted as 'Movie/Book' - which I also voted for as I had already had an idea. As you can tell by the title, I am going to show you how I recreated Harley Quinn's makeup from the new 'Suicide Squad'. Which I am desperate to see but I don't think anyone I know is interested:(. I wanted to include a small review in this post but I haven't seen it yet, if I do soon, I will add it in.

Before I start rambling on, don't forget to read Elisabeth's post HERE where you can also find everyone else's posts. Spread the damn love.

Here are the products that I used:

Maybelline FIT me foundation
Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer
Maybelline Master Sculpt contour duo
Soap & Glory Brow tint and precision shaping pencil
Makeup Revolution 'Eyes Like Angels' palette
Sleek 'The Original - 594' Palette
Sleek Solstice Palette
Rimmel Lasting finish lip pencil - 021, Red Dynamite
Sleek Matte Me lip cream in 'Fired Up'
Maybelline Lash sensational mascara
Loreal Super Liner Perfect Slim

My look:

For the eyes, I simply applied a base (Rimmel concealer) then on the left eye: added the shade 'Pink!' From the makeup revolution palette (listed above) all over my lid. I also brought this out onto my face. I cant really describe this well, hopefully you can see on the photos. I also added 'Pink Frosted' on the lid and blended in just to add some shimmer. On the right eye I used the bright blue shade from the Sleek palette listed above and did the same thing. For the shimmery shade I used 'Blue sheen' or you could use 'Aqua Dream' (from Makeup Revolution) depending on the brightness.

Then I added a wing and the mascara and that's all.


For the other detailing, I used the eyeliner by Loreal (listed above) to draw on a heart near the left eye, a diamond on the right and 'ROTTEN' on the bottom left. I did practise this look and actually did the blue and pink the wrong way around so the second lot of pictures will be different showing this.


I have only recently bought the Sleek matte me lip cream and I quite love it. At first I thought it was very, very patchy. But, tonight I realised it just dries insanely quickly so its best to work in sections. You only need one coat, otherwise it is really dry and on the inside of your lips it feels dry too. So watch out for that. Remember one layer:).

I feel very 'badass' in this makeup look and I must say, it is quite fabulous. I will definitely wear this when I go see the film!








If you guys recreate this, leave me a link in the comments so I can see! Also let me know if you prefer the old or new Harley Quinn. I think I prefer the new one. From what I can see in the trailer, she is played incredibly well and I already love her.




That's it! I love you guys.
Adios amigos!xo


12 comments:

  1. I really couldn't expect anything less from you!!!! I always love your playful makeup looks and I'm always like "nailed it".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soo cute!! Love the photos!

    skinnydecxflatte.blogspot.com xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome love!! You did a wonderful job! You are so creative! I love the hair and the makeup so much! And your pictures are just too darn cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable! You did perfect with the makeup and the hair and I love how playful you are with the pictures! You really captured Harley amazingly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do try to be quite 'expressive' haha! Thank you xo

      Delete
  5. You look amazing, definitely channelling Harley here! I hope you love Suicide Squad when you get to see it, I was a bit disappointed :(

    Jess xo | The Indigo Hours

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I hope I do! I've heard a few people say they didn't feel much:( xo

      Delete
  6. Amazing! You're totally killing it girl!! Love this look, it's so fun and playful and you've definitely captured Harley spot on! I bet this were a lot of fun to recreate. Did you get the opportunity to go see the film in the end?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was so fun! As soon as I finished I felt so bad ass! I definitely recommend! And I did! it was such an amazing film, I loved it!xo

      Delete