Friday 28 October 2016

Harry Potter! :Beauties on fire!

Hey guys,

I'm back, kinda. I know these are supposed to be mainly on Thursdays but it's not necessary so here I am. And for some reason it seems like forever since I've done a post, but believe it or not here's
last Sunday's: Catch up.

This weeks theme is 'Harry Potter' which I actually suggested so I obviously HAD to do this weeks.
As I am a true Ravenclaw I thought I would base my look on the colours of this house. If you want to know what house you are you can go to the Pottermore website.

I did this twice this week but the only real difference is that on one I used the NYX white liquid eyeliner and the other NYX matte black liquid liner. The rest of the products are below.

Products I used:
Rimmel Match Perfection 2-in-1 concealer
Makeup Revolution 'Flawless' Palette
Makeup Revolution 'Eyes like Angels' palette
Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara
Rimmel white soft kohl eyeliner pencil
Soap and Glory Brow Archery tint and precision pencil
Rimmel Lasting Finish Primer
Maybelline Superstay Better Skin Foundation
Rimmel Stay Matte setting powder
Maybelline master sculpt contouring duo
Sleek 'Solstice' palette
(Liners that are also listed above... obviously)



Eyes:

After applying primer, concealer and the shade 'Paper' from the Flawless palette I used 'Almost there' in the crease and the outer corner of my eye. To deepen this further I used the shade ' Smudge' just below the previous colour and blended this in. As the colours of the house are blue and bronze I decided to use the shade 'Aqua Dream' from the Eyes like angels palette all over my lid, and a little (I mean a little) in the crease, this is just because of my eye shape but you do what suits you best. I applied the liner and decided that the outer corners weren't as deep as I wanted so I used a little of 'Night' from the Flawless palette, just a little, make sure not to over do it and take the attention away from the blue! I hope you didn't think I forgot about the bronze... I used 'Gold digger' from the flawless palette on the inner corners and  also dragged this lightly over some of the blue - as you will hopefully see in images below. This makes the look more put together I think, more advanced maybe I don't know. Also if you wanted you could add a bit of a gold shade on top of the bronze but personally, I don't think its necessary. Don't forget to also bring the blue and bronze onto the lower lash line, so it balances out the eyes.



For the lips:

I actually liked this but hate how it looks on the photos I got. I guess the camera couldn't pick up how nice it actually looked. For those of you who don't know, you can actually use an eyeshadow as a lipstick. Crazy? I know. Use any colour of a bullet lipstick for a base, and then simply tap on the eyeshadow all of the lips. I love doing this for special looks, I haven't tried this for a long period of time but I'm sure its just like wearing a regular lipstick that transfers. I used the 'Gold digger' shade as mentioned above as this was also on the eyes. I thought by doing this it would all tie together. However if you want more of a simple and easy look you could also use Maybelline Colour sensational lipsticks in 'Rosewood Pearl' or 'Nude Embrace'.





I hope you guys enjoyed this post and this look, tell me in the comments what house you're in because I'd love to know! Shout out to all of you in Ravenclaw!

Adios amigos!xo

P.S. Don't forget to check out Elisabeth's link up post here. She hasn't done a full post but you will still be able to find all of the other posts there!


4 comments: