Sunday 7 May 2017

Being vain?

Hey guys,

You doin' good? Great, glad to hear it. I hope you're ready for this post, it's about to get real. Get a tasty snack and drink and get ready for some self love. Before I get into this, I will leave a link to last Sunday's blog HERE, where I listed the songs I have been listening to lately.

So, if you know me, you'll probably know that I always make comments about my appearance - mostly positive ones. Such as 'with a face like this...' or 'how could you not want this..' etc. And I don't need to tell you how many times people laugh or call me vain. I mean yes it is a joke, laughs are always appreciated. But at the end of the day why is it funny that I think I'm pretty or whatever? Does that make sense? I don't know. I get why people call me vain, I mean it technically is.

The google definition is: 'having or showing an excessively high opinion of one's appearance, abilities, or worth.'. But when I sit talking on Snapchat - which involves pictures - I usually just do a selfie. And people say, are you taking photos of your self, again... so vain. Or if I'm late somewhere, they'll point it out and I'll say 'A masterpiece like this takes time'. But why is that showing ''excessively'' high opinions. Like, I just like the way I look. And that has taken a hell of a long time. I still sometimes struggle with my weight but I'm at the point where I don't give a shit, the flab is accepted.

I'm not just going to hide the fact that I am happy with the way I am. After all, why should I? Is that not the goal for everyone? So why is it a sin to show it..?

Don't get me wrong, I think highly of myself but I don't think I'm better than everyone else. Because I'm not. We're all equals and were all beautiful, it just takes others longer to notice. I hate it when someone hates how they look. You can say how beautiful they are but they wont believe you, they have to see it themselves. And its just that I have.

Now, This weekend I went to my local pub twice. Friday and Saturday. Friday because that's when my other friend was available and Saturday because that's a sad day for the family (if you read my 06.06.15 post, you'll know why). But on the Friday I made a real effort, my mum bought me a new dress the same day so I wore that, and I wore makeup like I would normally. However, on Saturday I was more tired than bothered about getting dressed up, so I had an hours nap instead. My whole family were shocked that I was going with no makeup on. However I did wear an even fancier dress than the night before - I say fancier, it was more of an evening dress than a day dress. So I thought I was still making the effort.

Don't get me wrong my family didn't shun me or anything haha, they were just shocked. Though, I still looked great.

Just to go along with this post I thought I'd post some pictures of me with/without makeup. Just so you can appreciate the art:).

No Makeup:



Makeup:




I just needed to question why thinking you look great is bad, because lets face it...It's better. I hope you all know how beautiful (or handsome if there are any guys reading) you are.

I'll let you think about that...

Adios amigos!xo

Little bit tipsy but still working it x

No comments:

Post a Comment