Monday 16 April 2018

I bought a Ukulele!

Hey guys,

I hope you're all well as always. If you didn't catch last weeks post I shall link it HERE as it is something I very much give a damn about.

This weeks post is much more upbeat so, you're welcome haha.

As you can tell, five days ago I may have ordered a yellow ukulele. It came the next day because yes, I was that excited I paid an extra £3 to get it sooner.

You may be asking why? Why a ukulele? Why now? Can you even play the ukulele???

Basically, this year with my blog I have been setting goals every month. I learned basic knitting and was quite pleased with myself. This has definitely helped me want to push myself more. I wanted to make myself more interesting, people ask 'What do you do for fun?' 'have any talents?' quite a lot and I don't really have a good answer.

No one that I know (I think) plays the ukulele so I figured it would be something different than say a guitar or keyboard.

Can I even play? Now I can...kinda. I know simple chords, some progressions and how to tune it but to say I've only had it four days makes me proud. I'm still very much a noob with it all. But I have been practicing none stop, I even think I'm getting a little blister on my thumb from strumming because silly me didn't think I'd need a pick. I think I definitely need to invest in one soon.

I am surprised my mum isn't annoyed by the sound of it yet, she hears it often enough. Today, she even asked me to sit with her and practice. If I were her, I would have probably ripped my own ears off by now. She's very supportive and I'm very grateful for that.

I don't really know what else to include in this post. I think that once I get a little better, I might (but probably not) include a video of me playing in the future. Just so you can see how far I've come from not having any experience. We shall see.

Adios amigos!xo

No comments:

Post a Comment