Sunday 24 January 2016

Joey Graceffa's 'In Real Life' book review!

Hey guys,

So, this weeks post is a book review. Who would've thought? If you know me, you know I never really read books until now. Honestly I don't know what made me want to read. The last time I started reading something was while I was on my water sports trip with my old school, so around august time. I started reading 'Am I normal yet?' but I just never finished. After reading a few books such as Joey's I am now back to reading that.

Anyway, now I like to go to bed around 9 or 10 and read a few chapters until I am tired enough to sleep. I also used to include writing in my diary as part of this routine however, they are not as easy to keep going as the media make it out to be. I lasted until last week, since then its gone downhill.

This post is going to be me giving you a little review on Joey Graceffa's book. Which if you didn't know, is a YouTuber. He uploads practically every single day. he makes videos such as Vlogs (video blogs), challenges, and tags. if you have no idea who I am talking about, feel free to click HERE and go to his channel.

I got his book 'In Real Life' for Christmas last year so I made it my mission to read it. I actually managed to finish it in about four days. FOUR DAYS. That's a record for me and you should be proud. I was honestly so proud of myself when I finished. And thanks to this I have been reading every night since. And I am so happy, I find myself using more words in my day to day life, so if you are like my old self, I suggest you start reading. I promise you wont regret it.

I seem to have rambled about nothing but anyway onto this mini review.
So I don't actually know how to do this efficiently but oh well.

So the first thing that I would like to mention is actually quite weird but it is the colour of the pages. They're white which I find nice to read. I personally think I prefer white pages to the creamy ones. I just find it easier to read. Also the font in the book is easy to read, it's nice and clear. unlike some other books.

I also like how e has included a few pages of photos from his life. I think it helps you understand his stories more, I don't know how to explain it. - This is going great... But yes I love how it gives you a few pictures instead of being fully all writing. But, it isn't childish.

The book explores all of his childhood problems up to his life now. And it is the only book that has ever made me cry. And honestly I knew that films could do that but I never believed that a book could do that. Until I read his book. He goes into detail about his mum and everything that happened when he was little and it really pulls on your heart strings.

He also goes into detail about how he had to come to terms with who he was. And that part also hurts a little, because no one should hide from who they are. It makes me very sad that people cant embrace who they are from day one because some people put them down.

I think I may have chosen a bad book to do a review of because there isn't much I can say. To be honest I don't know how people do a proper book review! But I promise to get better so I can do more on other books. I bought another two yesterday so who knows when the next will be. Because this book is an autobiography its quite hard to say what it's about but yes, I just suggest you give it a read.
It changed the way I look at things, and I'm pretty sure it will for you too! I thoroughly enjoyed the whole book.

I think I will leave it at that but feel free to leave me some book suggestions below. And if you don't particularly read, I suggest that maybe think about it.

Adios amigos!xo











No comments:

Post a Comment