Monday 2 May 2016

My Spring Make-up Look.

Hey guys,

So, before I get into it, I would just like to say that I am not 100% about this post. I have just done my makeup for this idea which Lia suggested (thank you) but there's something about it that doesn't seem right. I don't know, maybe I have missed something but its weird. Also this is going to be a spring look as you know, we are in spring, unless you live in the UK. Whereas it has been Spring, Summer and Winter all in one day - fun. However I must warn you that I couldn't decide on two lipsticks so the pictures may have a slight difference in them. But hey ho. This post shall be posted. Honestly I don't even know if any of that made sense. If it doesn't, blame it on the fact that I am distracted by Jaffa cakes and Netflix.

Now, if you consistently read my posts, you should know all of my favourite and most used make-up by now. And that is really all I use so I apologise if you are sick of hearing about these products.

To start off with for my face I like to use the Rimmel London, Lasting Finish Primer, Rimmel London, Lasting Finish Foundation and (you guessed it) the Rimmel London, Lasting Finish Match Perfection, 2 in 1 concealer. I have no idea how I have ended up with all the Rimmel products however they work for me and I guess that's all that matters. I personally like to put the primer on first, then foundation, then concealer. Sometimes concealer under foundation - depending on my mood. I know I'm no expert that's why I am just rolling with it, learning as I go. But that is just how I like to do it. Also this concealer is my ultimate favourite mainly because it brightens as well as conceals (even though it is the same shade as my foundation) which is always handy. Then I just use a cheap powder - I haven't really tried many but I just use a collection one. Then to contour I love the Maybelline Master Sculpt contouring pallet. I have only ever tried this one so if there are other good ones let me know! I do like this pallet however I wouldn't say the highlighter is worth it.

For my eye I mainly use Maybelline, The Blushed Nudes pallet. Although each shade is slowly breaking and disappearing which breaks my heart. In my everyday look I normally reach for the darkest shade which is like a dark grey for my outer corner and one of the lightest shimmery shades for the rest of the lid. However recently I have been going more pinky with the colours as this is more spring appropriate. So I started off with those, but towards the end I decided the lip colour slightly clashed with it (I don't really know what im saying) so I added some of the dark grey shade to the corners and I guess it works.
For eyeliner I like to use the Soap and Glory Supercat eyeliner. Which I swear by. And then finally I use the Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara on the top and bottom lashes. I must say that I normally do the primer, with some concealer on my lids and then do this step as winged eyeliner can sometimes take several attempts which leaves you with wasted foundation.
I like my eyebrows to look natural so I use the Soap and Glory, archery brow tint and precision shaping pencil. I have the dark chocolate shade and it is the perfect match for me. I am still quite new to it however I don't think I do too bad. To finish I just use a clear brow gel to keep the shape of them the way I like.
My lipstick varies however I either use Boujois, Rouge Edition velvet, liquid lipsticks in 'Don't Pink of it', or 'Nude-ist'. I love both of these shades for the look however I couldn't decide which works better with the eyeshadow. I will leave you to judge that.

I think that is everything that I use. I now realise this would be easier as a video however I don't really like uploading to YouTube. So I guess you readers are stuck with me, Lucky devils. I will include a few pictures of the look where there will be a variety as I couldn't decide between two lipsticks as I have previously mentioned. Enjoy me posing awkwardly. :)








I hope you guys enjoyed this post, if you didn't there is more of a meaningful/emotional post next week. Which may be posted a little earlier - on the Friday to be exact. The reason will become clear in the post. But until then my friends, have a great bank holiday! I love you all.
Adios amigos!xo

No comments:

Post a Comment