Monday 9 January 2017

Learning things about myself & Organising!

Hey guys,

It feels so strange writing this, I have no idea why as I did post last Monday (which if you missed it, you can read HERE). But it is so weird, I feel like it's been so long since I have written a post!

Anyways, it has been so stressful these past couple of weeks, for personal reasons and because of that Christmas malarkey. I mean it was also my birthday but I wouldn't say that was stressful, not for me anyway.

Over these past couple of weeks I have learned somethings about myself which I thought I would share:

I like more alcohol than I thought I would. Being 18 now I have had many drinks handed to me to try, I cant complain though, they're delicious! Most of them anyway... I really like the 'Sex On The Beach' cocktail, which makes me feel like an adult. I'm not quite sure how I feel about that yet.

Also that maybe I would like to lose some weight. Now, it has taken so many years to be comfortable in my own skin but we all do have our bad days. I don't see myself in a negative way when I look in the mirror because well, I'm damn fine. But still, I think I would benefit a lot from losing some weight. Health wise and also mentally. I don't want to see myself negatively in the future and go backwards instead of forwards. So I am going to try and exercise twice a week and then work up to three times a week. Maybe I will, maybe I wont but I'll definitely update in a few months.

That I like to fiddle with my hands. I have known this for a while now as when I sit at the table with family through the day, I find myself destroying packaging, doodling, wrapping my bobble around my hands, playing with stuff I find around me. Recently I've noticed it makes me feel more comfortable in a situation, more relaxed. I don't know why but it does. Last night my sister had some little toys that came out of Christmas crackers, and she let me mess with it all night. But I noticed I felt very calm.

I'm also a pain in the arse to have in the car. I'm such a backseat driver. I think its because I know how to control a car myself now, and in the car with someone else, you don't have that sort of control -- obviously. If the persons driving is okay I probably wont say anything, because well, there's nothing to say haha. I know it annoys my dad!

Moving swiftly onto the topic I actually want to talk about... Today we took a trip to IKEA. I bloody love it there. Honestly, its amazing. although not so much when it is full of people. Anyway, my mum bought me a book shelf, unit thing and I am so grateful. I had organised it tonight (hence why this post is late) and I feel so much better. After the festive period I feel so cluttered and I hate it. So my mum and I have been sorting through all of my things making sure everything has a place. Granted its still not quite there yet, its getting there. This bookshelf has helped so much! Hint, I haven't just used it for books.

I will leave an image below of what it currently looks like but I am going to buy some fairy lights to put around them and it still needs to be fitted to the wall. I just cant leave you hanging like that! I'm really excited as to what the new year will bring, hopefully some peace in the world.



Take care.
Adios amigos!xo

No comments:

Post a Comment