Sunday 5 March 2017

About Ariana Grande's 'Everyday'.

Hey guys,

First of all, I just want to say thank you to all of you who read my last post 'Then & Now' (link). In less than a week it received over 100 views, and is currently on 111. I mean, I've had a few posts get more than this but this was in less than a week! Crazy! I'm not quite sure why it got that response but I'll take it! I love you guys so much xo


Now, I love Ari and her music. I think she has an AMAZING voice and her newest album 'Dangerous Woman' is one of my faves.

She recently released the music video of 'Everyday' which is from the album. And I loved it. I just think its clever, and I love the little details included. If you haven't seen the video, click HERE.
If you don't want to watch it here's a little about the video.

Basically it follows her in everyday situations such as the street, the bus, and such like. It includes couples making out, I mean going for it. It shows a lot of people being shocked and some people giving the nod of approval. And I just love how dramatic and humorous it is.

One of the things she includes is a range of couples, which I think is obviously good overall. I mean yes, I'm sure other artists have also done the same, but it's just so good when anyone does it! It makes me happy that people are becoming more acceptable of people.

Another thing I love is how she is embracing public displays of affection. I know its not for everyone but I think that is because we make it such a 'bad' thing to do. But who knows. I just think its such a good message.

Some might say, well she has younger followers as she has done several kids TV shows and such, so isn't it inappropriate? HELL NO.
First of all, if you are uncomfortable having your child seeing this, you should be careful as to what you expose your child's eyes to. But also, so many songs include lyrics related to sex, drugs etc, even from back in the day from some of the most loved Artists..so why is it bad? Affection/sex is normal and maybe you could teach your child that it happens, and its not a bad thing -its just not what you do at a young age. To me, that's reasonable. (Some of you will disagree and maybe I will change my mind and decide that's an awful idea and I accept that but for now..)

Can we just talk about the fact that she, Ariana Grande, is 23 years old. She is a mature woman. She has grown into herself. Matured I guess. So just remember that. Music is expression, and that's what she is doing.

But yeah, I love the song, love the lyrics, video, message - everything. I also know that some people wont love it and I respect that. I truly do, this was in no way a dig at anyone just my opinion.
Love you guys.

I hope you all have a nice relaxing week and that the weekend comes quick (unless you don't want it to haha...).

Adios amigos!xo

No comments:

Post a Comment