Sunday 27 May 2018

I’m pretty proud

Hey guys,

I hope you are all doing well as usual. If not, then may I suggest you grab your favourite beverage and have a little brrak from everything. Okay? Good.

Anyways, this past week has been quite the challenge as my mum has been decorating again. Although this time, she let me pick the colour scheme and I think I chose well - not to blow my own trumpet.

Basically I wanted a pale pink on the bottom, with white at the top and a very pale grey carpet. With the exception of the extra parts like the hand rail to also be pale grey.

A while back when she was ‘preparing’ to redecorate, I picked up a few of the colour tabs from the paint section in B&Q. I have no idea if that’s what they’re called but that’s what I’m going to call them. A favourite was one called ‘Darling’ I liked that one under all the different light settings and it also proved pretty popular with everyone else too. My mum ended up getting that one and even though it has dried darker it still looks pretty. It’s not exactly what I wanted but these things don’t go to plan anyway.

My mum chose the grey gloss without me, if I was there I would’ve looked at a lighter one but the one she bought isn’t bad either. It’s definitely grown on me this past few days.

I was able to chose the carpet and that was the hardest decision. With the lovely smell of new carpet putting me off, it was indeed a challenge. However I ended up picking a darker carpet. Despite wanting a lighter one I knew that the darker one would match better, plus my mum also took a liking to that one too.

All in all I think my mum and I chose very well. She has also done a great job of actually painting everything, it looks very homely.

Last time the colours were orange and brown and I hated it. It didn’t look cosy,  calming or welcoming so I was happy to see those colours go. I am very happy with it now and I’m glad I went with those colours.

Maybe I shall even use this colour scheme for a makeup look soon. Just to be sad and celebrate haha.

Adios amigos!xo

No comments:

Post a Comment