Monday 15 February 2016

Discussing the news.

Hey guys,

Firstly, I know it is valentines day and maybe you was hoping for a lovey-dovey post, but even I'm sick of all that so I have decided to blog about something else. I hope you wont mind. However if you do want something romantic to watch with your valentine, here are a few that are currently on Netflix that are quite good!

  • Romeo and Juliet - Obviously a classic and who doesn't want to see young Leo?
  • Love, Rosie - This is honestly one of my favourite films!
  • The Best of Me - again this is a really cute film and I love it.
  • Ghost - I haven't actually watched this but I know my friend Becky loves it
  • Begin Again - this is a good film but I wouldn't really call it a romantic however this was in the romance section on Netflix.
  • In Your Eyes - I recently watched this and again loved it.
  • Chalet Girl - is an all time favourite
  • Not another Happy Ending - also high up in my favourites however I do think it is sort of rushed which ruins it.
Anyway, onto the actual post.

So a few months ago Twitter added a feature called 'Moments' which basically helps you get news updates and things like '10 tweets to make your Monday'. And I can honestly say that I have enjoyed the feature so far.

It has only been recently that I have actually used this. Sure I have clicked it so the notification would leave but you get it. In the past month I have used it everyday.

If there has been a news story, no matter where about in the world, it will be there.

Now this isn't an advertisement for twitter or anything but I want to talk about the devastation that has recently been occurring.

1. The man who died after a falling crane landed on his parked car.
I read this at college (if I remember correctly) and my heart sank. I guess like when you're told someone you love has died or a dramatic heartbreak. I'm sure everyone will have read about this somewhere as it was all over the news, but if you haven't here is what happened. to keep things simple, a crane was being lowered due to strong winds (I think) and it fell down onto a parked car in the street. You would think oh good, no one would've got seriously hurt, but no. A man was in his parked car, an innocent man, and he passed away.

I remember coming home telling my mum how my day had gone and how I found about this news. My parents said 'at least only one man died, imagine if it was a busy day or something'. But I couldn't help thinking, At least?! One innocent man at the age of 38 got cut off from his life. He had a wife and a good family. He could've been working to get his dream job, trying for a baby or anything we all get up to. But he doesn't have that chance anymore. I mean of course, it could've been worse wit a bigger number that were killed but still one man died. And I am so sorry to hear it.

2. (I'm pretty sure I read a story about a really young boy who took his own life and I wanted to mention this but I cannot find the story anywhere.)
Today (/yesterday now as it has past midnight for me) a young Indie band called Viola Beach and their manager also died because their car fell more than 80ft off a bridge and plunged into a canal.
This pretty much has the same effect on me as the other story. This young band were on their way to their first international tour. They had achieved their dreams and didn't really even get to live it.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is that I hate it when people get cut off from achieving so much. Both of these accidents were an accident. Which we can't prevent but it just saddens me, a hell of a lot.

I don't really know what else I want to say but if you manage to take anything away from this, let it be that we shouldn't waste our lives. Even though I am currently addicted to a TV show on Netflix and have been in a cocoon all day, I am going to try my hardest to make sure I don't waste a day. I hope you will all join me.

I hope next weeks post will be more positive, I am sorry that it is quite a sad subject but it has been on my mind lately and wanted to share my rambling.

Adios amigos!xo





No comments:

Post a Comment