Thursday 15 September 2016

Back to school: Beauties On Fire!

Hey guys,

Another Thursday which means, another #BeautiesOnFire post! I hope you are all loving this collab. I know I am! There are some really lovely ladies and you should all check them out! (you can find them in the link-up). This weeks theme is 'Back To School' so I guess it actually is appropriate. If you didn't get a chance to read my last beauties on fire post with a 'Villians' makeup look, click here.
Also click here to go read Elisabeth's post and to also find the link up.

Okay, so I know the logical thing for me to do, would be to do more of a 'Back To College' look, but I chose to do it on school instead. This is just because well, it is the theme after all. And, I like to have a full wing and everything for college but if you are at school or just less experienced, then I want to help you out. I decided on a very easy, simple and neutral look as this will probably suit a lot of people.

The Face Products:
Rimmel Lasting Finish Primer
Maybelline FIT Me Foundation
Maybelline Age Rewind concealer
Rimmel Stay Matte powder
Maybelline Master Sculpt duo
Sleek Solstice highlighting palette

Eye Products:
Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer
Makeup Revolution Fortune Favours The Brave Palette
Maybelline Master Ink eyeliner - Black
Maybelline Lash Sensational Waterproof Mascara

Soap & Glory Archery DIY Brow Bar

Lip product:
Maybelline Colour sensational matte 'Nude Embrace/930'


The eyes:
For a transition shade/crease shade I used 'Latte' and blended this out. I added 'Caffeine Fix' to the outter third of the eye and slightly into the crease (just below 'Latte'). This just deepens the eye a little. I then put 'Crème' all over the lid but less where I added 'Caffeine Fix'. This works as a base for the shimmery shade 'Sunset Hour'. I love these together, I think it is absolutely stunning yet simple which is always nice. I didn't create a wing, although I did sometimes where a wing eyeliner to school but I decided not to today. However I added a little bit of liner across the lid and ending with just a slight flick so it looked pretty neat. This just makes it look 'more' in my opinion, if you even understand where I am coming from.
I didn't add any pencil liner but you could. You could even use a colour of your choice just to add something else to the look.

(Woah, bit close eh?)


I think everything else is self explanatory so I will leave this here, I hope you guys liked this look as much as I do. Let me know in the comments if you where makeup to school, or whether you just have more sleep, because I know I always had to chose and mainly chose sleep! haha.
I hope you are all settling in well, whether you are in a new school, new year of school, college, University. Anything. I hope it's going great. Also remember that I post on a Sunday too, so if you missed it, heres last weeks post: Good Ol' Update!



Adios amigos!xo





9 comments:

  1. Love this look girl! Totally wearable for school and work! x

    skinnydecxflatte.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous love!! I love how simple and totally wearable it is. Perfect for on the go and at school!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on normally liking the full wing! I feel barefaced without them sometimes! This look is so perfect because it leaves you fresh faced and would be appropriate for someone in the mid to late teens as well as college and further on :) awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I totally understand! And thank you! Never even thought of that hahah! xo

      Delete
  4. This look is perfect for back to school and for fall season as well! I love how soft this looks and yet at the same time, it looks a bit more dramatic because of the smoky look. Totally wearable for both high schoolers and those of us going to college. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much lovely! I tried to keep it so anyone could do it haha! xo

      Delete
  5. Why do you always look so damn pretty no matter what? No fair haha. As per you pulled off this look beautifully though, I love brown shades on you. For a long time I just couldn't go without make-up, but I were useless with it in High School and it were always literally a less than ten minutes job hahaha! Thankfully I have improved since!

    ReplyDelete