Saturday 3 September 2016

The 7 Deadly Sins: Beauties On Fire!

Hey guys,

I know, I know. This post is late... I am deeply sorry. The poll on twitter was voted as '7 deadly sins' to be our next theme so here it is! If you want to read the previous #BeautiesOnFire posts, here are the links:

So this weeks theme I actually had to research because I didn't even know what the seven deadly sins are. Is that bad? I don't know. Just so you all know too, the seven deadly sins are: pride, covetousness, lust, anger, gluttony, envy, and sloth.

And for my look I decided to focus on 'Anger' and 'Lust'. Because, in my eyes both of these relate to the colour red. And I guess, in some situations, can be related anyway. Now, as I don't actually have a red eyeshadow (which I have never really seen?!) I have decided to use more of a deep red, almost purple shade. Which I think still works well.

What I used on my eyes:
Maybelline lash sensational mascara
soap and glory super cat eyeliner
kiss lashes (trimmed - not well!) - Peony
Makeup Revolution 'Flawless' Palette (Night shade)
Makeup Revolution 'Eyes Like Angles' Palette (Sophisticated Pink shade)


This eye look isn't super neat but you cant tell so its all good. I guess you do what suits you. Personally I prefer it neat but I was really trying to get this up as soon as I could haha!  Anyway, this is super easy to recreate and I hope you guys try it!

Basically all I did was blend the shade 'Night' into the outer corner of my eye and brought it in slightly. You could always add more if you want but I chose to keep it like this. Because this is such a bold colour, it is better to have a base shade on (close to the colour of your skin), as this will help the other shades blend better.



Then in the inner/centre parts of my lid I used the shade 'Sophisticated Pink' and blended this out and also into where the black was. Obviously we want a nice transition from the two colours. 

I also forgot to bring the black under my lower lash line but this is optional I guess. Also forgot to add mascara to my lower lashes, oops! I have been doing this a lot lately and I don't know why haha!

Then I added a simple wing to the look which to me, makes it look more 'fierce' if you will. Then added my mascara and some lases. These lashes were so long that I had to trim them, but I didn't really do a good job. At least I tried I guess. I must say that the more I wore these, the more I liked them. But, they are optional.




Again, I forgot to do anything with with my lower lash line, but I would've lined my waterline with a white eyeliner and added some mascara. Maybe brought the black down and smoked it out, however that would probably be too dark for me.

I tried this look with two lip choices: Nyx Wicked lippies in 'Cold Hearted' and Nyx Lingerie 'Beauty Mark' . Personally I preferred the brown look but that could be because I just genuinely don't really like the Wicked lippies. They're just not my thing. I prefer something that I know will stay where it is. But I'm sure a red lip would also suit this look nicely.



That's basically it. I did the rest of my face and then that's that. I hope you guys enjoyed this post. Its not my best but like I said, I am trying my hardest to get this uploaded! Maybe you even learned about the seven deadly sins, who knows.

I love you all.
Adios amigos!xo


7 comments:

  1. Ooo this look is super cute! I love the lip colour x

    skinnydecxflatte.blogspot.com xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to research the sins too girl haha! I wasn't sure exactly what they were either lol! I love the look you created girl!! The eyes are stunning and I totally love the dark lip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah, I'm glad I'm not the only one! Thank you so much! xo

      Delete
  3. Omg I love your eye makeup, it's beautiful!!! You did a greattttt job!! Wow I am speechless (almost :P)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look gorgeous chick! I love the eye make-up so damn much, it looks amazing! I'm glad I'm not the only one that's noticed that red eyeshadows are incredibly hard to find. That brown lipstick is perfect, I need it in my life!

    ReplyDelete