Thursday 29 September 2016

Retro & Autumn Makeup: Beauties On Fire!

Hey guys,

As promised, today I am bringing you two looks based on the themes: Retro & Fall. Although I've changed it to Autumn, just because. If you want to read Elisabeth's post you can HERE and also find everyone else amazing posts!

So last week you guys voted for Retro, and honestly I didn't initially know what to do for this as 'Classic Beauty' has been a past theme. Which, personally I would say are very similar. However I googled 'Retro makeup' and saw that a lot of bold cut creases came up. When I say bold, I mean pink and yellow. Which honestly is amazing and reminds me of ice-cream,  I don't think it gets better than that!


I tried my first ever cut crease, obviously I didn't really go to plan. I will an image I find on Google so that you guys who don't know what I'm talking to understand but, To achieve the sharper cut, I would need to put A LOT of concealer on. Whether I am doing it wrong or using the techniques I don't know. I think you need a thick concealer and that is something I don't have. Next time I go for a make up splurge, I am going to see if there are any cream eyeshadows that would work instead of using concealer. Also this way, it doesn't look cakey on your lids. I will update this post (if I remember) with a second lot of images if it works out!

I will include a picture from my first try so that maybe you guys can tell  me if I did something wrong. For some reason my concealer just wasn't making it better. I just used a bright pink eyeshadow but you can use what you like.

 
(:google image)


Autumn:

Now this theme I love! The end of the year is the best in my opinion. I much prefer the cold than heat, snuggling than sweating. And for this theme I thought to do a classic autumnal look. Reds, plums, browns. oranges, etc. Like usual, I'm not going into detail but hopefully the images make up for it. Please comment if you guys prefer me walking through the process or just leaving inspiration with the products because I'd love to know.

The palettes I used were Make Up Revolution, 'Fortune favours the brave' and 'Eyes Like Angles'.
I used the lighter brown shade and made my way up to a darker brown in the corners, also adding the purple that is in the palette. By saying the actual colours I think this will benefit you more as you can use what you have that's similar. Just clearing that up.
For under the lash line, I really wanted to channel Autumn, so I used the orange shade from the Eyes Like Angels palette. I love how this looked! I was a bit unsure at first because I thought a matte orange would work better (as this shade has a little shimmer) but I was wrong. It really works. You could even try and find an orange pencil/kohl eyeliner for the water line and smudge this out too. I think that would also work.

Obviously I used my Bourjois 'Plum Plum Girl' lipstick. But you could also use a nude, brown or even more of a deeper red. Any would work.






If you are interested in what else is on my face such as foundation and such, you will find t on one of the previous B.O.F posts.

If you want to catch up here are the links:

I hope you guys enjoyed this post, again I don't really go into anything but by including photos I hope that it just gives you inspiration on makeup looks. I'm in no way saying I'm an expert but I mean, not the worst haha!

Adios amigos!xo


5 comments:

  1. You look beautiful girl!!! That lipstick is stunning and just scream fall!! Cut creases are so dang hard!! You actually did a great job for your first time! The pictures and videos make cut creases look so easy and they totally lie! If there is one thing harder than winged eyeliner, it is cut creases haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love the lipstick so much, they're so soft! And I totally agree! I hope to get it down by the end of the year haha! xo

      Delete
  2. Your eyeshadow turned out really wonderful!!! I haven't even tried a cut crease eye yet because I know my skills are not up to par yet lmao You look great though! Love the outfits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You should try it! I guess practise does actually make perfect! Thank you again!xo

      Delete
  3. I always love your eye makeup!!! It's always so beautiful, keep it up like this girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete