Wednesday 16 December 2015

4 Christmas Recipes! - Day 4: 12 Days of Katie!

Hey guys,

Can we just have a moment to be proud that I have made it 4 days of doing blog posts? I mean there are other people who are doing one everyday for 25 days and honestly, I salute them. I don't think I could do it for that long! Maybe I will try it next year as I am actually really enjoying writing all of these. I'm actually enjoying being organised - ish. I say ish as even though this is going up on the 16th, I'm still only writing it at 10pm on the 13th.. Oh well.

This blog post is going to be brief as it is three recipes for something sweet for the holiday. That sounded weird.
Here they are!:

1. Rice Crispy Puddings.

Ingredients:
  • 180g of marshmallows, I've gone with mini.
  • 100g of rice krispies
  • 200g milk chocolate
  • 100g white chocolate
  • 50g butter
  • Decorations (leaf)


What to do.

1.Melt the butter and milk chocolate in a pan, maybe do this in a heat proof bowl with water in the pan so that you don't burn the chocolate. That would be a waste of chocolate! But, obviously if you are used to doing it or if you are an adult you could try without.
2.Next add the marshmallows and melt them into the chocolate.
3.Add the rice krispies and mix.
4.Take off the heat and let it slightly cool, but don't allow it to set!
5.Scoop out a heaped tablespoon and roll into a ball. Leave to set. - BEWARE, it will get messy!
6.Melt the white chocolate (you could also do this in a microwave. (Just make sure you stir every 30/40 seconds until it is melted so it doesn't burn.)
7.Fill a piping bag with this chocolate and pipe onto the top of the rice krispy balls we made earlier.
8.Then just add cute little leave decorations which you can get in supermarkets on the baking isle normally.
9.Finally, serve them on a plate and enjoy!

2. Oreo Truffles.

Ingredients:

  • Two packets of Oreos
  • 113g (roughly) Cream cheese
  • A large bar of chocolate (this can be white or milk)

What to do.

1. Firstly pour all of the oreos into a food/sandwich bag, and then beat until a crumbled mixture - a rolling pin may be the easiest. Or you can also use a food processor, which ever you prefer.
2. Now you need to pour the crumbs into a large bowl and then add the cream cheese. 
3. Slowly mix the ingredients together with a wooden spoon, and then once slightly combined you can change to an electric mixer just to make your lives a little easier. 
4. once you have done that, you need to get a heaped teaspoon of the mixture and roll it (with your palms, sorry its messy!) into little balls and place on a tray with parchment paper. If your mixture isn't sticking you may need more cream cheese.
5. Continue until you have no mixture left and then put the tray(s) into the fridge to set.
6. Now it's time for the chocolate! Melt half a big bar of chocolate, either over the hob or in a microwave. I suggest the hob as it makes it smoother in my opinion. 
7. Then you need to put the balls onto a cocktail stick or fork, and dip them until they are completely covered.
8. Because this is supposed to be a Christmassy recipe, I am also grating only a little bit of white chocolate over them so it slightly looks like snow. This can be optional of course. 
9. Finally put them back in the fridge to set, it might be easier to do this overnight or while you bake something else so you know they are set. 
ENJOY!


3. Tanya Burr's Triple Chocolate cookies.

Ingredients:

  • 200g butter
  • 300g caster sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 275 self raising flour
  • 75g cocoa powder
  • dash of milk (optional)
  • a large bar of white and milk chocolate
  • 3 daim bars - I am not using these though!

What to do.

1. pre-heat your oven to 200C
2. Cream together the sugar and butter with the back of a wooden spoon until its a smooth consistency (you could also use an electric mixer).
3. Crack in the egg and add all of the dry ingredients and blend together.
4. If your mixture looks dry add the dash of milk.
5. Now break up all of the delicious chocolate and mix into the mixture. (If you are including daim bars, you would add them here too!)
6.  Line two trays with baking paper or foil and prepare to get really messy!
7. use your hands to separate the mixture into ten balls.
8. Now you need to put these in the oven for exactly 11 minutes. Tanya says, they will not look done but you have to leave these to cool for half an hour afterwards. Even though they don't look done, they are! If you leave them in they will over cook and go hard, so take them out, you hear me?
Now its time to serve these and I included these in because it is traditional to leave mince pies, cookies etc for santa, So why not make them yourself?



4.  Iced ginger shortcake.

Now, I'm sorry to say this but unfortunately I probably wont have time to make these as this post isn't pre-written and I haven't had time to bake this morning. I am going to bake the recipes above and include a picture of the results. However if you do want to try something a little different then I will leave a link below of the BBC Good Food website where I found the recipe. I hope you all enjoy these simple yet delicious treats!
http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/290604/iced-ginger-shortcake

This is the only photo I have as some of mine failed in there own way. For example I forgot to add the marshmallows when doing the mini puddings so they didn't work, instead I made just Rice Krispies buns. Oh well still tasty though.! I hope all of yours works! I haven't included my truffles because they are still in the fridge setting so I may add a photo tomorrow afternoon. 



Merry Christmas.
Adios amigos!xo







No comments:

Post a Comment