Thursday 17 December 2015

How to be festive! - Day 5:12 Days of Katie!

Hey guys,

So today I'm going to tell you five ways you can become festive ready for Christmas. Which in fact is only eight days away which is crazy because even though I'm in the festive spirit and all, it seems still so far away... However that could be because I've been singing Christmas songs since like March. Oops.

I guess you could say this is also a weird post but hay ho. The first thing that I suggest to get festive is to dress festively. Wear a Christmas jumper! I love to buy a new one every year although I only have done tht for a couple of years but it definitely will be a regular thing. I love tacky Christmas jumpers also! The ones you look at and think 'wow that's too far' but they're not, they're accepted which I love. Although I don't actually own one.. Strange. You could also get reindeer antlers, or an elf hat just like me!


The second way you could get festive is to bake Christmas recipes! For me this means anything with ginger or anything in the shape of things that relate to Christmas. Obviously for other people it will be different but you get it. You could have a full baking day with Christmas music blasting out and serve all of your delicious makings for your family and friends. Doesn't that sound fun?! It does to me. I posted some Christmas recipes yesterday so check out that post if you're interested in actually taking my advice!

You could also decorate your bedroom. Because why not? Yes, I'm sure most of not all of you have already got your trees up and decorated, however what about your room? Any tinsel? A little tree etc. In a few days time I'm going to give you a few ways in which you can actually decorate your bedroom for Christmas so keep your little eyes peeled:). 

To also get in the festive mood, you could watch Christmas films. I suggest a movie marathon - the only marathon I take part in... Grab yourself your favourite snacks, a Christmas blanket, light some candles, and lie back while you watch your favourite festive movies. I'm sure after you have watched elf, you will all be ready for Santa coming to town. Why not even have your Christmas tree lights flickering away while you are all cosy. If that doesn't shout festive then what does?!

The last thing I am going to suggest is getting in a car (not just a random one because that is bad kids, maybe your parents..) and driving around your town at night looking at all of the pretty, glowing Christmas decorations. You could rate the houses out of ten and then decide which is your favourites. You could also throw in some Christmas tunes here too! You can never hear Wizard or Mariah Carey too many times so go for it! Have your self a merry little Christmas while you're at it, haha see what I did there? Yeah I know, that was awful. Anyway I would've included a picture of a really pretty house but I think that would be slightly weird so I won't but here is a picture that I took in town. Enjoy.


Merry Christmas.
Adios amigos!xo

No comments:

Post a Comment