Sunday 11 December 2016

Jobs!

Hey guys,

As it is almost time for me to start the 12 days of Blogmas, I didn't want to do anything related to Christmas.
So why not have a little rant? Honestly, its like a hobby to me. Haha. It probably wont be a long post this week but is it ever? Not that I'm sorry it's short because I'm really not. I simply post what I feel like.

Right, lets just jump right in. I'm currently 17 years of age(almost 18 waheey) and trying to get a job. I hate it. I have handed out several CV's - I say several because now-a-days everything is done online.

Why do companies make it so difficult to apply to a simple job? Honestly, to apply for one job, I had to create a profile, add my CV to my profile and fill in the blanks, which by the way are questions that can be answered if you looked at my CV. It is so utterly stupid. Even now I get emails from this company (don't want to say names because lol) suggesting jobs, which yes is really useful and awesome but are for places that I have never even heard of. I'm a student, why would I pay for a train ticket to the bottom of the country for minimum wage? Its like they don't even bother reading any information you put into this 'profile'.

For some jobs you complete an online interview - that's the only way I can explain it. They give you scenarios, don't get me wrong this obviously helps the employer to find someone more suitable for the job, however aren't they supposed to run you through the whole job, which includes how to deal with certain situations etc? Because that's how I thought it worked. They say 'full training given' yet if you don't pass this 'online interview' thing, it tells you 'sorry, it looks like you aren't suitable for this job, please wait 6 months to re-apply'. Seriously?! They didn't even look at my GCSE's (not that I didn't already know these were useless..) I have decent grades for god sake, I worked hard for those so why aren't they even considered?

Also, I'm a nice person. Polite, considerate and what not, yet that doesn't matter. I don't understand. If I am, overall, a decent person, with decent qualifications/grades, who is willing to work and learn...why shouldn't I be given a chance before they say no? It honestly baffles me. I know, some people have it worse and I'm not saying it's the end of the world or whatever but it's just so frustrating. If anything, they should teach people in school how hard it is, not bloody Pythagoras' theorem. Geez.

I know this has been all over the place but that's what happens when you ramble, as I'm sure you're all aware. its just a pain in the ass and I wish it was how it used to be, dropping a CV in and then either having or not having an interview. Anyway, Tuesday will be when my 12 days of Blogmas starts so be sure to check back then.

Be sure to tell me in the comments if you guys have a job or if you are finding it difficult too. I love a good discussion!

Adios amigos!xo




No comments:

Post a Comment